Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dragon Card using Pagoda Cartridge




 
I made this for MPS Team Design Contest but since I did not get chosen I will now publish this card that I am very proud of.  I spent a lot of time on it. I has a lot of bling to it... I hope you all like it.

Here is my recipe for the card:

Pogoda Cartridge
 Cut the dragon on page 34 at 4" using the following papers:

Red paper for red accent strip - By Paper Source
 Copper paper for body of dragon- By Paper Source
 White paper used for the shadow - by Cypress Fashion colors - The paper company


 The Lanterns were also cut using the Pogoda Cartridge on page 24.
They were cut at 2"
 Red paper - By Paper Source
 White paper - by Cypress Fashion colors - The paper company

Embellishments:

 Clear sequins that I had left over form my wedding dress (OMG.. that
is like 9 years ago).
 Silver and pink rhinestones from Bead Party.

The card:

 regular 8.5 x 11" paper folded in half -  Black paper - by Bazzill
Basics - Beetle Black with texture

3D dots to raise the dragon and lanterns.


Stamp:

You are an Animal from The Pink Stamper's Punny-licious set. It was set on a pre-cut
flower that I bought from Michael's a long time ago.

I set each little sequin and bead using tweezers and Elmer's Craft and

bond clear glue on the dragon once I had put it all together.



1 comment:

Rose said...

oh this is awesome!! love all the bling on him and that sentiment is perfect :) fantastic take on the sketch!!