Sunday, May 9, 2010

More Mother's Day Cards

Today we had a fun time at my sister's house. She is expecting so I made a cute "mommy to be" card for her and gave her some maternity clothes (this is her first child). I had made my mom's card before so I thought I would just add a cute envelope. Here are my two projects for Mother's Day:



I used the New Arrival cricut cartridge on this card. The mommy was cut at 4 1/2 inches. I cut three layers: 1 black, 1 brown and 1 patterned paper. The black was used for the main figure. The brown was used for the pants and the hair (I used a silver marker to make the polka dots) and I used the glitter stack for the patterned paper. The card was cut at 5" tall x 4 1/2 wide.




Now for the hippo on the envelope I used the create a critter cutting it at 4 1/2 inches. I used the moving eyes (found at Michaels) and the Martha Stewart glitter polka dots paper. I used plan fuschia card stock and pink card stock for the back ground and mouth of the hippo.


2 comments:

Tia Yvette said...

What a cute mommy to be card! The patterned paper is perfect for the dress and hat and I love the dimension. Great job on your mom's sign, it looks so professional! What awesome gifts to share with your family...nice work!

LDM Creations said...

Thank you Yvette! you are so kind.